.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Giuliani: 'I Think Jimmy Carter Had a Better Sense of the Economy Than Barack Obama Does'

Giuliani: Obama ‘silly’ to take on GOP competition



(By Alicia M. Cohn, The Hill) - ...Giuliani, who has flirted with his own presidential bid in 2012, compared Obama’s record unfavorably to his own as mayor.

“I took over NYC when it was in a terrible fiscal mess. I didn’t complain about the Democrats, I didn’t complain about the liberals; what I did was I laid out a plan, I staked my reputation on it, and it worked,” he said.

“I think [Obama has] been the worst president we’ve had since before Jimmy Carter,” Giuliani said. “I think Jimmy Carter had a better sense of the economy than Barack Obama does.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home