.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Re: Employment Economics 101 (?)

That whole "the majority is always right" thing...

I've never said that the majority is always right (case in point: the majority of Americans supported the invasion of Iraq early on). But I do think the majority is always right as long as they agree with me. Har, har — it's a joke, folks. But I'll venture to bet that's pretty much what Steve thinks.

...must be a North Stokes High School curriculum point. They tried to teach my kids that BS as well. Fortunately I repaired the defect.

And I don't know about 'that' being a 'North Stokes thing.' But regarding 'I repaired the defect,' is Steve talking about raising kids or repairing robots? Funny stuff: 'Repaired the defect.' Is he sure? Is he a mind reader?

But I have a counter-challenge for you. Go talk to someone who has been laid off because the government keeps creeping the minimum wage. You tell them that it's too low and I'll give you the same advice you gave me: duck.

I doubt that I'd come across nearly as many aggressors as you would per the terms of my challenge to you. Maybe there are a few 'downsized' middle management folks out there that don't realize typing, e-mailing, blogging, and sitting at a desk all day is a pretty easy gig, I don't know.

And I'm still waiting on my economics lesson — the tutorial on 'employment economics 101' seems to have been left out of Steve's post. Instead, he complains that the majority of Americans are wrong for being supportive of a fair minimum wage. So Steve, are the majority of Americans are stupid and gullible for thinking this way? If so, I think I've pinpointed the source of his unending political irritability: he is in the minority. As a result, he thinks that he's surrounded by morons! Elitism at its best! How hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home