.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RE: 2 against 1

I don't really have any dogs in the "Liberals are hypocrites" fight, so I don't know about the 2 against 1 thing.

I do think the environmentalists that Saunders is referring to fall in one of two categories: closet Marxists and useful idiots. I suspect Branson falls into the latter category.


We're all predictable!


Probably, but I still haven't figured out why you got in a twist over Branson's part in Saunders' essay. He really was only a minor topic.


Just throwing in a 'Conservative' to point out that they're everywhere...


No doubt. I just wanted to be on the record next time we see a post here on the BP complaining about the use of some liberal icon as a scarecrow.


...I'm sure she'd find something else to appear to be worked up about.


I didn't get a sense of worked-up-ness out of her article. I got more of a sense of wry irony. I'm not one of Debra's regular readers, but what I have read of her prior works left me with the impression that her aim is to look on liberals and their exploits in the same manner that one regards a well-known, possibly even beloved, but recalcitrant and not very bright child. Undoubtedly and understandably this is a source of much irritation for those who inhabit the domain of American liberalism.


Steve would probably tell you that 'Liberals' are in power.


Indeed he would. Very scary stuff, that.


Ah, so Ahnold is a liberal!


Well, he sure as hell ain't a conservative!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home