.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Failure is not an option...

Strother opines: "Is anyone surprised that an unattached, childless US government official is being strategically pressed on supporting the deployment of more American sons, daughters, husbands, and wives to this losing proposition in Iraq? It's simple politics, folks."

I didn't realize one must be married and have kids to serve in government. I must have missed that lesson when I was in college. Seriously, what does Rice's lack of a husband and child have anything to do with the Iraq situation???

With regard to this new plan, I believe the big news is the change in the rules of engagement. This is the change the soldiers on the ground wanted. I believe this is a change for the better and I hope and pray that it works. I guess we will see over the next several months if it works or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home