.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Clinton Pollster Predicts Defection Of GOP Women

(Atlanta Journal-Constitution) - Mark Penn, the pollster and senior strategist of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, predicted Thursday that nearly a quarter of Republican women would defect from the GOP if the New York senator is the Democratic presidential nominee in 2008.

At a breakfast with political reporters, Penn said his internal polling shows Clinton would win over some 24 percent of Republican women in the 2008 general election because of the “emotional” appeal of electing the country’s first woman president.

Penn said the trend is as evident in the South, a region Democratic presidential candidates have had trouble winning in recent elections, as in all other regions of the country.

Penn said the trend indicates that Clinton would be a stronger Democratic presidential candidate in the South than either Al Gore was in 2000 or John Kerry was in 2004.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She won't be getting this republican woman's vote!! No way No how!!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always pick the lesser of two evils, but it will always be a republican vote from me, woman or not. That's not what it's about.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mostly hang around Republican women and all the Republican women I know don't like her. Matter of fact, they truly can't stand her.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Democrats are way too liberal and say whatever to get votes; then they do what they want. They are a lot more snaky than republicans. I mean all politicians are snakes so that's why I say pick the lesser of two evils...lol

Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a liberal woman and there's no way I'd vote for her either. I haven't spoken with a single Democrat, liberal, etc. in this area who would vote for her either.

So, what does that tell you about all of these polls coming out stating that she'll be getting these votes left and and right?

Friday, October 19, 2007 7:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume though if Hillary wins the Democrat nomination, you'll vote for her in the general.

Friday, October 19, 2007 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I refuse to vote for a candidate who does not at least speak to what I believe are core issues in my own life.

I don't vote along party lines either, but I may be in the minority on that one. I'm just as likely to vote for a (true) conservative candidate as I am a (true) liberal one.

Friday, October 19, 2007 1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's the case, why do you call yourself a "liberal" woman? If you're a liberal, a (true) conservative doesn't speak to your core issues.

Friday, October 19, 2007 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Strother said...

"No, I refuse to vote for a candidate who does not at least speak to what I believe are core issues in my own life ...

I don't vote along party lines either, but I may be in the minority on that one.

I'm just as likely to vote for a (true) conservative candidate as I am a (true) liberal one."

Well said,

Friday, October 19, 2007 3:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home