.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, February 22, 2008

I-40/73 Greensboro Urban Loop Opens

GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) - The NCDOT opened the 7.5-mile I-40/73 Greensboro Western Urban Loop to traffic Thursday morning.

The highway runs from I-40 east of Gallimore Dairy Road to the I-85 Bypass/Business interchange.

The opening of the Greensboro Western Urban Loop will allow NCDOT to reroute I-40 around southern Greensboro along the new highway and the existing I-85 Bypass.

Through traffic will be able to bypass a congested area where existing I-40, I-85 Business and U.S. Routes 29, 70, 220 and U.S. 421 all run concurrently. Existing I-40 will be renamed I-40 Business.

The loop will run 12 miles from Bryan Boulevard to Groometown Road. The project has cost an estimated $108 million dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home