.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jeb Bush: I’m Siding With Mom Over Palin

(By David A. Patten and Kathleen Walter, Newsmax.com) - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is supporting his 85-year-old mother in her apparent feud with former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, while also praising the former GOP vice presidential candidate for having "fantastic political instincts."

In an exclusive interview Monday, Bush told Newsmax.TV: "If it's between my mom and Gov. Palin, I've got to go with my mom, just in general, because she's my mother."

He added with a smile, "So you're not going to get me in trouble with disagreeing with my beloved mother of 85 years, who occasionally from time to time says things that give us all great joy, and sometimes some consternation."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home