.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

RE: US backs first-strike attack plan

I want someone to tell me exactly what the difference is between this policy and what we used to call "Soviet Adventurism" back in the 1970s. I spent a measurable portion of my life in the US military fighting against this kind of garbage. I have to say I don't appreciate the neo-cons indulging in Orwellian doublspeak that says it's acceptable as long as we're doing it.

I didn't realize the good ol' US of A wants to take over countries to oppress its citizens like the Soviets did during the Cold War... I would be alarmed if the US DIDN'T have a first-strike attack plan. I believe our enemies should know that we're not going to wait around until they fire first... I see no problem with Bush pointing this out in the national security plan he released.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home