.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Charles the neocon...

Steve opines: "To be accurate, Charles is a neocon. It is not all that long ago, he was characterized as a liberal. Charles lost me when he demonstrated that he was little more than a Kool-Aid vendor for the Bush Administration. I think if you read what Charles writes on subjects other than foreign policy and the military, you would be quite a bit less enamoured of him. I can remember reading some articles by him on social policy that would have made Hillary back away."

"That's not taking anything away from him as an intelligent author, but I think his schtick on Fox is pretty worn out. His cynical one-liners have gotten hackneyed and he's about to jump the shark with them. When you get him and Barnes on together, it turns into a neocon twitch-fest."


What is your definition of a neo-con??? Yes, Krauthammer used to be a liberal... so what??? Reagan was once a liberal too, but I wouldn't say he was a neo-con.

I read every one of Krauthammer's articles... Most of the time I agree with him; sometimes I don't... I still like to hear his opinion though.

To you, everybody who agrees with Bush on an issue is a Kool-aid drinker... You have called me a Kool-aid drinker before. We all know what you think of Bush, but your rhetoric is becoming more and more like something one would hear on Moveon.org or DailyKos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home