.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mike Evans Now Says He Never Spoke To Hawaii’s Gov. About Obama’s Birth Certificate

(By Alex Alvarez, Mediaite) - Last week, celebrity journalist Mike Evans told KQRS a story we suspected would stir up a bit of attention: that Hawaii governor Neil Abercrombie – who has taken a strong, very public stance against birthers’ claim that President Barack Obama may have not been born in the U.S. and is thus ineligible to be president – confided in him that he could not procure a copy of Obama’s birth certificate.

Now, Evans is telling Fox News that he is “remorseful and embarrassed” that he gave the impression that such a conversation had transpired and is calling his previous statement an “accident”:


Only this I can you tell you is 100 percent fact: that Neil never told me there was no birth certificate. I never talked to him.

I was on 34 radio stations that morning. That was the only station where I said, instead of saying ‘the hospital said there’s no birth certificate’ I misspoke and said Neil said that. I misspoke and I apologize for that. I apologize to Neil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home