.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) On 2012 Prospects: “I Already Know I Could Win”

(By Matt Schneider, Mediaite) - As many conservatives continue to hold out hope that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie might throw his hat into the ring and pursue the Republican nomination for President in 2012, Christie continues to adamantly deny he’s running. However, every now and then, he cracks the door open just a little bit with a comment that makes observers wonder whether he might run after all.



“I have people calling me and saying to me ‘Let me explain to you how you could win.’ And I’m like, ‘You’re barking up the wrong tree. I already know I could win.’ That’s not the issue . . . But I’ve got to believe I’m ready to be president, and I don’t.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home